• People should avoid contact with chickens, ducks, or other poultry unless absolutely necessary. This is the best way to prevent infection with the bird flu virus.
• Children are at high risk because they may play where poultry are found. Teach the children the following basic guidelines:
-Avoid contact with any birds, their feathers, faeces, and other waste. -Do not keep birds as pets.
-Wash hands with soap and water after any contact. -Not to sleep near poultry.
• Do not transport live or dead chickens, ducks or other poultry from one place to another even if you think the birds are healthy.
• Handling of poultry in affected areas should be done within the area without transporting them to other areas.
• Do not prepare poultry from affected areas as food for family or animals. The slaughter and preparation of such birds for food is dangerous.
• If you unintentionally come into contact with poultry in an affected area, such as touching the bird's body, touching its faeces or other animal dirt, or walking on soil contaminated with poultry faeces:
- Wash the hands well with soap and water after each contact.
- Remove the shoes outside the house and clean them of all dirt.
- Check your temperature for 7 days at least once daily. If you develop fever (>37.5°C), visit a doctor or the nearest health care facility immediately.
Was this article helpful?
Your Alternative Fuel Solution for Saving Money, Reducing Oil Dependency, and Helping the Planet. Ethanol is an alternative to gasoline. The use of ethanol has been demonstrated to reduce greenhouse emissions slightly as compared to gasoline. Through this ebook, you are going to learn what you will need to know why choosing an alternative fuel may benefit you and your future.