• World Health Organization believes it is very important to prevent human influenza from spreading in areas affected by bird flu. Where the avian influenza viruses and human influenza viruses come in contact with each other, there is a risk that genetic material will be exchanged and a new virus could emerge.
• Anyone with flu-like illnesses should therefore be careful with secretions from the nose and mouth when around other people, especially small children, in order not to spread human influenza viruses.
• Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Use a tissue and throw it away once used. Teach children to do this as well.
• Always wash your hands with soap and water after any contact with secretions from nose or mouth as these can carry a virus.
• Children are especially prone to touching their face, eyes, and mouth with unwashed hands. Teach children the importance of hand washing after coughing, sneezing, and touching dirty items.
• Inform the health authorities immediately and seek medical advice from a health professional if you develop signs of illness, such as fever and/or flulike symptoms.
Was this article helpful?
Your Alternative Fuel Solution for Saving Money, Reducing Oil Dependency, and Helping the Planet. Ethanol is an alternative to gasoline. The use of ethanol has been demonstrated to reduce greenhouse emissions slightly as compared to gasoline. Through this ebook, you are going to learn what you will need to know why choosing an alternative fuel may benefit you and your future.