• After the area has been cleaned, remove all the protective materials and wash your hands with soap and water.
• Wash clothes in hot or warm soapy water. Hang them in the sun to dry.
• Put used gloves and any other disposable materials in a plastic bag for safe disposal.
• Clean all reusable items such as rubber boots and glasses/goggles with water and detergent, but always remember to wash your hands after handling these items.
• Items that cannot be cleaned properly should be destroyed.
• Shower/wash body using soap and water. Wash your hair.
• Take care not to re-contaminate yourself or the cleaned area by avoiding contact with dirty, contaminated clothes and items.
• Most importantly, wash your hands every time after handling any contaminated items.
Was this article helpful?