The advanced biological technologies reinforce the natural biological processes of carbon sequestration. These technologies cover the usage of new organisms and genetic improvement of land and aquatic bacteria, plants, or animals. This procedure can be followed with the
• development of healthier and more persistent cultivation and plants
• better understanding of the biological diversity and genetics
• development of new injection methods of geological carbon sequestration through microorganisms
• reinforcement of the ocean sequestration through the development of the ocean food chain
• development of alternative polymer bacteria or genetic improved plants
The advanced biological processes reinforce the carbon sequestration, and additionally, they are based on the natural carbon sequestration; thus they can process a gas flow of low carbon content. This means that the carbon storage and transportation steps are not essential; hence, they minimize the total cost and the energy use. They reinforce the carbon recycling, and indirectly they can stage-wise minimize the fossil fuel consumption.
Was this article helpful?