Prior to discussing the practicalities of recycling lithium batteries, it is necessary to first provide a background illustrating the types and characteristics of lithium batteries. Following the background section, this chapter will focus on:
• The hazards and safety aspects of recycling lithium systems
• The environmental concerns of lithium recycling
• Sorting, packaging, and transporting the batteries for recycling
• Components of the batteries with regard to recycling
• Current recycling techniques
• Typical chemical analyses
Was this article helpful?