1. Ward's World Motor Vehicle Data (2007) Ward's Atuomative Group, 3000 Town Center, Suite 2750, Southfield MI 48075
2. Honda Motor Company (2004) World motorcycle facts and figures Corporate Communications Division, 2-1-1, Minami Aoyama, Minatu-ku, Tokyo, Japan
3. World Business Council on Sustainable Development (2004) Mobility 2030: meeting the challenges to sustainability. The Sustainable Mobility Project, Full Report, WBCD, Geneva
4. IPCC First Assessment Report (FAR), Climate Change: The IPCC Scientific Assessment (1990) Report prepared for Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change by Working Group I, J.T. Houghton, G.J. Jenkins and J.J. Ephraums (eds.)., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, Great Britain, New York, NY, USA and Melbourne, Australia, 410 pp.
5. Climate Change 1995, The Science of Climate Change, Edited by J.T. Houghton, L.G. Meira Filho, B.A. Callander, N. Harris, A. Kattenberg and K. Maskell, Production Editor: J.A. Lakeman, Contribution of WGI to the Second Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Published for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Cambridge University Press, Published by the Press Syndicate of the University of Cambridge, The Pitt Building, Trumpington Street, Cambridge CB2 IRP, 40 West 20th Street, New York, NY 10011-4211, USA, 10 Stamford Road, Oakleigh, Melbourne 3166, Australia, First published 1996, Printed in Great Britain at the University Press, Cambridge
6. Hansen J, Sato M, Kharecha P, Russell G, Lea D, Siddall M (2007) Climate change and trace gases. Royal Transactions - Non CO2 GWP
7. Jacobson M (2005) Correction to 'Control of fossil fuel particulate black carbon and organic matter, possibly the most effective method of slowing global warming. J Geophys Res 23 July 2005
8. Ramanathan V, Carmicheal G (2008) Global and regional climate changes due to black carbon. Nat Geosci 1:221-227. www.nature.com/naturegeoscience
9. Auto/Oil Air Quality Improvement Research Program (1997) Final report, Jan 1997
10. Sawyer RF (1992) Reformulated gasoline for automotive emissions reduction. In: Twenty-fourth symposium (International) on combustion, Sydney. The Combustion Institute, Pittsburgh, pp 1423-1432
11. Rosner D, Markowitz G (1985) A 'Gift of God?: the public health controversy over leaded gasoline during the 1920s. Am J Public Health 75(4):344-352
12. Landrigan P, Nordberg M, Lucchini R, Nordberg G, Grandjean P, Iregren A, Alessio L (2006) The declaration of Brescia on prevention of the neurotoxicity of metals. Am J Ind Med 50:709-711
13. Bellagio memorandum on motor vehicle policy: principles for vehicles and fuels in response to global environmental and health imperatives (2001) Consensus document, Bellagio, 19-21 June 2001
14. Hauser RA, Zesiewicz TA, Martinez C, Rosemurgy AS, Olanow CW (1996) Blood manganese correlates with brain magnetic resonance imaging changes in patients with liver disease. Can J Neurol Sci 23(2):95-98
15. Lucchini R, Albini E, Placidi D, Gasparotti R, Pigozzi MG, Montani G, Alessio L (2000) Brain magnetic resonance imaging and manganese exposure. Neurotoxicology 21(5): 769-75
16. Farrell A, Sperling D, Arons S, Brandt A, Delucchi M, Eggert A, Farrell A, Haya B, Hughes J, Jenkins B, Jones A, Kammen D, Kaffka S, Knittel C, Lemoine D, Martin E, Melaina M, Ogden J, Plevin R, Sperling D, Turner B, Williams R, Yang C (2007) A low carbon fuel standard for California, part 1: technical analysis. University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, 29 May 2007
17. The International Council on Clean Transportation (2008) Passenger vehicle CO2 and fuel economy standards: a global update. ICCT, Washington, DC
18. Roels HA, Ghyselen P, Buchet JP, Ceulemans E, Lauwerys RR (1992) Assessment of the permissible exposure level to manganese in workers exposed to manganese dioxide dust. Br J Ind Med 49(1):25-34
19. United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) (2006) National greenhouse gas inventory data for the period 1990-2004, and status of reporting. UNFCC, Bonn, 19 Oct 2006
20. Walsh MP, Kalhammer FR, Kopf BM, Swan DH, Roan VP (2007) Status and prospects for zero emissions vehicle technology. Report of the ARB Independent Expert Panel 2007, Prepared for State of California Air Resources Board, Sacramento, 13 Apr 2007
Was this article helpful?
Your Alternative Fuel Solution for Saving Money, Reducing Oil Dependency, and Helping the Planet. Ethanol is an alternative to gasoline. The use of ethanol has been demonstrated to reduce greenhouse emissions slightly as compared to gasoline. Through this ebook, you are going to learn what you will need to know why choosing an alternative fuel may benefit you and your future.