31. U.S. EPA, "Coastal Zones and Sea Level Rise," August 3, 2009. www.epa.gov.
32. U.S. EPA, "Coastal Zones and Sea Level Rise."
33. Quoted in Jill Elish, "Sea Level Rise Due to Global Warming Poses Threat to New York City," Florida State University, March 16, 2009. www.fsu.com.
34. Guardian, "New U.S. Report Details Effects of Rising Sea Levels," January 22, 2009. www.guardian.co.uk.
35. Matthew Heberger et al., Impacts of Sea-Level Rise on the California Coast. Oakland, CA: Pacific Institute, 2009, p. xi.
36. Sonja Butzengeiger and Britta Horstmann, Sea-level Rise in Bangladesh and the Netherlands: One Phenomenon, Many Consequences. Bonn, Germany, 2004, p.5. www .germanwatch.org.
37. Butzengeiger and Horstmann, Sea-level Rise in Bangladesh and the Netherlands, p. 6.
38. IRIN, "West Africa: Coastline to Be Submerged by 2099," August 25, 2008. www .irinnews.org.
39. Curtis A. Moore, "Awash in a Rising Sea: How Global Warming Is Overwhelming the Islands of the Tropical Pacific," International Wildlife, January-February 2002.
40. Chip Fletcher, "The Blue Line," School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, n.d. www.soest.hawaii.edu.
41. Andrew Simms, "Farewell Tuvalu," Guardian, October 29, 2001. www.guardian.co.uk.
42. Patrick J. Michaels, Meltdown: The Predictable Distortion of Global Warming by Scientists, Politicians, and the Media. Washington, DC: Cato Institute, 2004, p. 204.
43. Michaels, Meltdown, p. 204.
44. USGCRP, "Climate Change Impacts on the US: US-Affiliated Islands of the Pacific and Caribbean. Educational Resources," October 12, 2003. www.globalchange
45. Essex and McKitrick, Taken by Storm, p. 280.
46. Titus et al., Coastal Sensitivity to Sea-Level Rise, p.6.
47. Quoted in IRIN, "West Africa: Coastline to Be Submerged by 2099."
Was this article helpful?