The calculations of PCFs are usually simple and can be done using spreadsheet calculators. There are also numerous commercial tools to support the calculation of PCFs on the market . Although these are less flexible, there are some advantages of using commercial tools:
• Quality assurance, data trace-back, and adherence to standards are easier with commercial tools.
• The tools allow scenario studies and verification of the results with different methodologies.
• Some are LCA tools which allow a full life cycle assessment.
• Some include databases or provide interfaces to commercial databases containing various numbers of inventories from secondary sources (different basic chemicals, energy generation processes, modes of transport, packaging materials, etc.).
• Graphical guidance for model building and result analysis is provided. Documentation is standardized and revision is straightforward.
Was this article helpful?
Your Alternative Fuel Solution for Saving Money, Reducing Oil Dependency, and Helping the Planet. Ethanol is an alternative to gasoline. The use of ethanol has been demonstrated to reduce greenhouse emissions slightly as compared to gasoline. Through this ebook, you are going to learn what you will need to know why choosing an alternative fuel may benefit you and your future.