A priori, a lot of methods can be applied to facilitate bacterial cells aggregation and formation of microbial granules:
1. addition of flocculants;
3. addition of suspended carrier for the formation of granule with particle inside;
4. addition of previously formed granules;
5. addition of disrupted, previously formed granules;
6. addition of enrichment culture of fast aggregating cells;
7. addition of pure culture of fast aggregating cells;
8. optimal aeration;
9. optimal mechanical effects facilitating cell aggregation (mechanical granulation).
Was this article helpful?